Re: [SLUG] DHCP or BIND

From: Jason Copenhaver (jcopenha@typedef.org)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 22:39:57 EST

IP addresses are hadned out by a DHCP server.. usually dhcpd .. BIND
handles the name -> ip address resolution.. it is a DNS server..for a
small home network (mine has 3 machines) I use a DHCP server.. and then
just host files.. because the IP addresses of each machine rarely change..

--
"Without documentation you can never know what the code was meant to do,
only what it does"