[SLUG] Optical scroll mouse problem

From: Neil Kittipalo (kpneil@haube.org)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 00:25:03 EST

I recently changed to an optical mouse with a scroll wheel.
The model is Genius Netscroll Optical U+P
The U+P bit means that it has a USB connector and a little adapter so it can
be plugged into a P/S2 socket.
I'm using the PS/2 connector.
I have 2 problems and wonder is anyone else has the same and has an answer.

1. Every 10 - 15 mins the pointer jumps to the bottom left hand corner of the
screen and randomly 'seems' to press some mouse buttons 'cause menus and this
sort of thing get opened up. Moving back to what I'm doing seems to let me
carry on as normal.
2. I have a KVM switch and if I'm in X when I switch the mouse goes bananas
when I switch to another box and back. In this case to get it to behave I
have to switch to a console and then back to X. If I remember to switch to a
console before using the KVM switch there is no problem.

I'm using xfree 4.n and this is not confined to one box or only one
distribution.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Neil

--
 12:17pm  up 390 days, 17:39,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
-