Re: [SLUG] using rsync for Debian CDs

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 15:16:26 EST

If you want to download a linux iso, a good place to look is
linuxiso.org. btw, I noticed that the directory you are downloading
has 3 discs for the i386 and one for the sparc, so you may be getting
stuff you don't really want.

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but if you are downloading
a Debian CD and have a choice, always get the non US one, because it
will contain ssh and other encryption related software that may cause
legal problems if exported from the US (I'm assuming you aren't
exporting the CD to other countries, and I don't even know if those
export laws still exist).

scott