Re: Morser -- was: Re: [SLUG] DHCP question

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 20:12:24 EST

>>> Does any connection test/s come to mind (for this) that I can
>>>put in my boot up procedures to send me an alarm, being a HAM
>>>these are sent through the speakers in Morse code, so there's
>>>no chance I will miss it/them.
>>>
>>Okay, I just gotta ask: What code do you use to send Morse to speakers?
>>It's an interesting idea.

   I use a program named cwtext-0.90. ( I have version 0.0.1 )
I put a recommendation about it on the `HAM-Linux' reflector
at qth.net and the only comment I received about it was from a virus.

   I have it set up at 35 wpm and because it hits me `cold',
(I am busy working on E-mail or something when processes finish)
I send myself such as: sndcw 'c-d-r--d-o-n-e-'
script = ( echo $1 | cwpcm -sx > /dev/dsp ) or sndcw 'e-r-r-o-r-'
  Another part of it "sends" any text file thus: cdtext filename.
(you have to re-compile to change speeds, a first effort)

       73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
    100% LINUX, 100% of the time. SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm