Re: [SLUG] utility monitor telnet sessions

From: Bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 19:27:10 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Grantham (at Home) <pwgrant@cssi-fl.com>
To: slug@nks.net <slug@nks.net>
Date: Saturday, February 23, 2002 6:57 PM
Subject: [SLUG] utility monitor telnet sessions

>What utility is available to monitor a telnet session. Say I wanted to be
>able to see the entire screen of a telnet session. I am looking for the
>equivalent of PCAnywhere for telnet.

The equivalent would be VNC. works like PcAnywhere except it is faster and
here is a plus It runs on Windows , Mac and Linux! So you can cross platform
the
setup. Admin and support a Windows box from Linux, Linux to Mac, Mac to
Windows, Windows to Mac or Linux.

Best thing it is free!
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

Walter Industries now uses this after I suggested it and no longer there
they now use it for over
4000 + users and 140 Offices.

B.Preece