Re: [SLUG] utility monitor telnet sessions

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 23:41:16 EST

tcpdump displays packets, as they come in. But it's limited in what it
displays. Ethereal does a good job recording/displaying all network packets.
But it's not the type of monitor you talk about.

I take it you want to see what other(s) are doing on their telnet session(s)?
Of course PcAnywhere does not show a particular thing, it shows the whole
desktop of the remote computer.

You can look in the .bash_history file to see what commands they executed
from the shell, typing history will show it.

Is this for training or safety you need this?

--

Steve