[SLUG] Character Display in KDE

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 01:00:24 EST

I messed something up in KDE and I can't figure out how to fix it. It's
this simple:

All my single quotes show up as squared-off O's, sort of like "[]". I
think this is assigned to ascii values that aren't assigned. Here are
the things that might help out with the problem-solving:

1) It's only display - if I look at the same file in a tty, the
characters are single quotes.
2) It only occurs in some apps (e.g. konsole, Opera, kedit) but not all
(e.g. Netscape, wterm).
3) It only occurs with one user account. All other accounts are OK.
4) I don't think any other characters are improperly displayed.

Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?

(Also, konsole double-spaces all input. This problem started at the
same time.)

-Robert