[SLUG] Ok we have it now,,

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 08:08:17 EST

I realize that some of you think my post was,, well,,, way out of the box,,,
like never never land. But I do not believe it is out or the realm of
possibilities.

My post: {

If I put in a ram disk to handle the reads on my files, and I mark it as
read only, can I then direct all the writes on that same file to the hard
drive?

This is for a RedHat 7.1 on an IBM Infinity 5000.

}

What if I made links to the real files from the ram drive and left the ram
drive as RO?
Could that be done so that the writes would follow the link? There must be
some way to trap access to filesystems and catch the writes and redirect
them to another filesystem. Is anyone out there technical enough to explain
why this cannot be? Or better yet is anyone out there thinking outside the
box today and can tell me hoe to accomplish this?

Michael C. Rock