Re: [SLUG] I have a KMail Question

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 17:20:00 EST

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 21:37 L, you wrote:
> Go into the "Message" menu and select "Set Status." It'll let you tag
> anything as "New" or "Unread," which I think is what you're looking to do.
> You can likewise set it for "Replied," "Queued," or "Sent" as well.
>
> On Tuesday 26 February 2002 21:10, you wrote:
> > I am using KMail, I like it but for one little thing whenever you move
> > from one mail area to another the program highlights the message
> > at the top of the screen and opens it in a window at the bottom, many
> > times I do not want to read the message that is at the top of the screen
> > but I also do not want it marked read. Is there any way to defeat this,
> > I have looked in the set parts and can not find a way to do so.
> >
> > I noticed that when I installed NotLook on Win2K it did the same thing,
> > but I was able to go in and turn the blasted thing off, sure would like
> > to do so in KMAIL.

No, that is what I am doing right now.
At present whenever you go into a new area or fire KMail up the message
highlighted in the upper window is opened in the lower one, and of course
marked as read. I do not want to automatically open a message, I want to
go to those that I want to see at that moment an read them, so far have not
been able to find out how to change that operation.

--
Chuck Hast
KP4DJT