[SLUG] Problem with KDE

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 07:10:24 EST

Hi All

I decided that I wanted to change my default browser in KDE from Konqueror to
Opera. So I went to the control panel and changed the file associations for
html to use opera. That worked pretty well but....

Now when I click on a link in an email I notice that KDE downloads the web
page to a temp folder and then points the browser at it. So the url looks
something like:
        //localhost/home/.kde/tmp/mypage.htm

I can view the page, but then any links within the page are broken because
they are all prefixed with //localhost/. And not with the proper
http://www.somewebserver.com/somepage.html.

So, does anyone know how to adjust this? Can I just pass the URL from the
email straight to the browser or is downloading the page by design?

Regards
Russ W.