[SLUG] UUE Decoding

From: Tim Wright (t.wright1@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 20:25:06 EST

I've received e-mail messages with attachments, and instead of the smart
attachment icon, the bottom of the message contains the coded attached file.
I remember seeing somewhere that UUE coding and decoding are built into Unix.
Where would I find them so I can convert this ASCII gobbledygook back to
binary? Alternate #2 would be a separate utility like Wincode to do the
conversion. I know just enough about MIME to be dangerous, so I want to be
cautious.

I'm using KMail 1.2, and the problem seems to be limited to messages coming
from Hotmail accounts. The paranoid side of me wonders if this is M$ messing
with non-M$ mail clients.