XP -- the nice kind. was: Re: [SLUG] Job assistance,, quietly

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 09:36:14 EST

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Ronan Heffernan wrote:

> ** One exception that I have read about is "Extreme Programming", that
> seems to advocate a team of exactly two developers working very closely
> (there is much more to it than this, but the partnership is one central
> tenet). I have never tried it. It has gotten good buzz, but most of
> the worst techno-fads have gotten gobs of great buzz. Anybody on this
> list tried Extreme Programming in a professional setting?

Yes. Not just buzz -- works great -- teaches the newbie and
makes the older hand more productive.

    http://www.extremeprogramming.org/rules.html

is a one page summary.
    http://www.extremeprogramming.org/rules.html has published
a nice set of interpretive books -- anything with an author
/editor /recommendation by Kent Beck, Ward Cunningham or
Martin Fowler is likely good

-- Russ herrold