[SLUG] Local Java Group

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 19:20:44 EST

In case anyone is interested....

----- Forwarded message from Eric Thompson <eric@thefountaingroup.com> -----

From: "Eric Thompson" <eric@thefountaingroup.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:49:36 -0500
To: "Paul M Foster" <paulf@quillandmouse.com>
Subject: Re: Meeting Tomorrow

Paul,
    Thank you. We sponsor the Tampa Bay Java User Group which has been in
existence since 1999 and has around 200 members in the local area. I have
enclosed in this email an invitation to the next meeting if you or anyone in
your group is interested in attending. We are also working on the site and
have been for quite some time but volunteer work sometimes doesnt move that
quickly...we should have it completed within the next two weeks:

www.tbjug.com

TAMPA BAY JAVA USER GROUP
March 19th, 2002
Doors Open at 6pm
Presentation starts at 6:30
Crowne Plaza WestShore

Hello, We are planning our next meeting for March with a presentation from
Oracle. This meeting will be combined with members from the Tampa Bay Oracle
User Group as well. Les Butler from the University of South Florida will be
touching on technical training programs that they are currently offering to
those individuals that are interested.

            Sam Sharp has over nine years of consulting experience with
large scale government and commercial clients. His area of
            expertise is internet deployments of enterprise level
Applications. Sam Joined Oracle January 2001 and has specialized
in the Application Server and Development Suite products.

            Wesley Strom has eight years of experience using Oracle Tools to
develop database applications for Hospitals and
            Consumer Packaged Goods companies. Wesley joined Oracle in
December of 1998 and has since specialized in Data
            Warehouse and Business Intelligence products.

  Agenda:

  Overview of 9i Application Server Release 2
  Oracle & J2EE
  Demo of Web Services
  Oracle & OC4J
  Demo of JDeveloper 9i
  An Oracle/Java Customer Success Story

PLEASE FORWARD THE INFORMATION TO INTERESTED PARTIES AND RSVP SO THAT PROPER
ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE!

Sincerely,

Eric Thompson
(813)269-9311