Re: [SLUG] New newsforge stinks

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 16:34:00 EST

I like the old appearance better, also. It had a matter-of-fact
hot-off-the-presses look about it that matched the title. The current
look, although more colorful, just seems to have a generic quality to
it, sort of run-of-the-mill. It's not bad, its just that the old style
really matched the workhorse "hot and sweaty" "get-to-the-bottom"
attitude of an old style newspaper. If the new look was intended to be
more like a glossy magazine, it just might become another "GEORGE".

A few other notes:
Yea, I have to agree, the news summaries were essential.
Yea, changing the cartoons would be nice, maybe even positioning a good
political cartoon more centrally.
There seem to be new ads, which is a good sign. I hope the "upgrade"
doesn't kill readership - a link remains on my toolbar.

-Robert