Re: [SLUG] Fwd: Microsoft Editorial

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 23:15:50 EST

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 09:34:08PM -0500, Tim Wright wrote:

> The Trib ran another "Don't break Windows" editorial today. I can't
> understand how a newspaper that's ordinarily so gung-ho over open markets and
> consumer choice would carry on like a PR hack for Microsoft.
>
> Anyway, I saw red and fired off another missive to try and set them straight.

<snip>

> I can buy one of at least four competing versions of Linux for about $65, or
> I can buy the only MS-Windows XP for about $600.

Minor point here. Where did you see XP for $600? Seems like I've seen
the "Professional" (!) Edition for much less than this.

Good letter. As I said recently on the politics list, it continually
amazes me, the blatant crimes that MS apologists ignore. These folks
that stick up for MS in this trial act like drug addicts about to lose
their connection. Of course, I suspect that's the intent. ;-}

Paul