[SLUG] need samba printing help

From: Seth Hollen (Seth@hollen.org)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 08:30:54 EST

I just bought a new printer and I'm trying to let my wife's computer
print to it from windows98. the printer is a brother hl-1440. it works
great under rh7.2 using the lpr command. I have it listed as lpt1
printconf.

-- [global]
        printable = No
        postscript = No
        printing = bsd
        print command = lpr -r -P%p %s
        lpq command = lpq -P%p
        lprm command = lprm -P%p %j
        lppause command =
        lpresume command =
        queuepause command =
        queueresume command =
        printer name =
        printer driver =
        printer driver file = /etc/samba/printers.def
        printer driver location =

[HL1440]
        path = /tmp
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        print command = /usr/bin/lpr-r%s
        printer name = lpt1

this is some of the related info from my smb.conf file
I get no errors from the windows side it just wont print. I was told to
use a generic postscript driver as the linux box needs to recieve it in
that format to convert it.
so I used the Apple IINT driver.

any ideas?

Take care,