Re: [SLUG] moving files

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@bbsgamers.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 21:05:49 EST

Mount your new drive on /hometmp:

cd /home
tar -cf - . | (cd /hometmp;tar -xvf - .)

This will copy all files from /home to /hometmp keeping proper
attributes. Next:

cd /
umount /hometmp
mv /home /home_prev
mv /hometmp /home
vi /etc/fstab ## add or change /home's mount point to the new drive.
mount /home

If all is in order, delete /home_prev after a week or so.

-Andrew