Re: [SLUG] .bashrc settings

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 17:23:57 EST

If you do this as root, verify that the file is still owned by (and readable
by) that user. If it's not, bash will revert to another rc file present on
the system (/etc/profile or /etc/.bashrc maybe?). What this ends up being is
distro dependent, e.g. XF86Config. It looks at a bunch, in other words.

If I'm wrong, at least I didn't waste any paper on it.

        Glen