[SLUG] Running a mail server in the privacy of my own home. :-)

From: Bill (selinuxathome@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 21:35:41 EST

Hi folks ... I am stumped and recognize that I need a little push in the
right direction.

I am trying to run a mail server (full tilt boogie) from my home for myself,
my wife and maybe some family members. Since Yahoo has generously agreed to
charge me real money (American) for delivering my e-mail, and also since I
want to get email at the same address as my web site (hosted at home), I have
embarked on the ultimate insanity ... running my own servers.

Postfix is running, apparently. It passes the internal mail test offered at
lhttp://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/cmail2.html but does not seem to
handle internat mail too well.

When I send emails addressed to bill@organic-earth.com, (we are up to "test
9" on the subject line) kmail acts like they left here just fine. But they
never seem to arrive in my in-box nor do they seem to bounce.

What (other than a clue) am I missing?

Bill