Re: [SLUG] .bashrc settings

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 22:18:13 EST

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 09:54:11PM -0500, Glen wrote:

> > "SLUG Consulting, Inc." Hmm. I'm just not sure about that name... ;-}
> >

> Is that the name of our 70-million dollar company? With 350 employees?

For those of you who don't know the joke, I mentioned this at the last
Dunedin meeting. For some reason, I'm getting 1-2 calls a day at my
office, and rafts of snail mail for "Suncoast LUG". In tracking this
down, I've discovered that the business world seems to think that
"Suncoast LUG" has millions in annual income and hundreds of employees.
As a consequence, every shark and his brother is trying to sell
"Suncoast LUG" anything that's expensive. I've even had letters from
people who want to be the CEO. And no end of people are intensely
interested in what I think about things, all of a sudden.

How these people got this idea, I don't know. Since I'm still living in
New Port Richey and working my butt off in Clearwater, I obviously
haven't found a way to capitalize on it. But when I do, I'm outta here!
;-}

Paul