Re: [SLUG] swap drive, partition or no?

From: Stephen Reiach (sreiach@myrealbox.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 19:19:31 EST

You really dont need 4GB of swap. Unless your running something really extreme. Typically the recomendation is to double the amount of RAM you have and thats the size of your swap. But thats not always the case. A good read is:

http://www.linuxhq.com/guides/SAG/x1546.html

Im not 100% but i think the limit of swap sizes was 2GB partitions. I know thats what is was in 2.2.0 kernel.

Stephen Reiach