Re: [SLUG] Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 23:19:21 EDT

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Glen wrote:

> I know that's it's been supported since at least kernel 2.0.34 (when I
> started), but I've never owned one. If you try it and it's cheaper but
> comparable to my SB live, let us know and I might follow suit.

>From what I gathered around the 'net it seems this card is "supported"
under the Cirrus Logic CS4630 drivers in Linux.

I saw them for around $80 (rounding) on some online stores. I forget how
much the SB Live! cards are, but I'm just trying to get away from Creative
Labs for a change.

It's a pretty feature-rich card but it doesn't have the 6-channel drivers
available for those trying to do positional audio.

I suspect I probably won't notice the difference in my strictly
two-channel setup, but the fact that I don't have to get drivers from CL
in binary form is an added benefit.

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com