[SLUG] Count me in "Need some help from the group"

From: ramiro souto (rsouto@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 02:17:30 EDT

Hello Dave:

I'm so glad that you are going to be at the meeting.

I'm very impressed to see other people like myself getting involved with
the schools, specially our sons and daughters schools where we can show
them we really care. I have been volunteering at my daughter and son's
school well over five years in different positions in the SAC and the
orchestra. However the times when I have mentioned getting rid of some
Windblows system and proprietary software every one of the people
involved in the purchase has turned away because of the support issue
(who will support the Linux OS and the software even if it's free).
I have no idea what rabbit you pulled, but man, you sure pulled a big
one.
"about 30 desktop units and one or two servers."
WOW!

Well you can count me in on anything you will need. I have experience in
the wiring layout of buildings, physically running wires of LANS etc.
And inter connectivity using simple NICS. I'm pretty sure I will be
learning more than giving but I can always help with the mundane stuff.
Hey I can even help you put the hardware together.

Well, see you tomorrow.

Ramiro

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:38:52 US/Eastern dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com writes:
> Good Evening,
>
> I will be attending the Brandon meeting tomorrow night and will be
> discussing
> a major project at my son's school. It will involve about 30
> desktop units
> and one or two servers. My company (CRB Technologies, Inc.) will
> provide all
> the hardware, and I've convinced them to go with an ALL LINUX
> environment
> (I'll explain this more tomorrow...I think you'll all like it).
>
> I'd like to discuss this tomorrow at the meeting and see if I might
> be able to
> recruit some of you that are smarter than I to assist me in this
> project.
>
> We're in the planning phases right now, and the project needs to be
> done prior
> to the beginning of the school year (August timeframe). More
> details tomorrow.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dave

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!