Re: [SLUG] warning!! and question

From: Matthew Moen (matt@mattmoen.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 23:41:23 EDT

It could be a kernel problem, but it sounds more like a memory problem to me.
I'm assuming this install is using some sort of bleeding edge 2.4 series
kernel, right? I've had general flakiness issues with early 2.4 kernels
but never anything /this/ bad.

Take a look at this script: http://people.redhat.com/dledford/memtest.html
It's reasonably evil, (in a good way) and should help you test your memory.
It's helped me weed out defective simms and dimms in the past.

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 09:01:37PM -0400, Russell Hires wrote:

--
Matthew Moen