[SLUG] Windowsless PCs at Wal*Mart

From: R.G. Mayhue (r.g.mayhue@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 20:56:46 EDT

I read about this in the latest Linux Journal and decided to go and have a
look for myself. Wal*Mart is not selling PCs with no OS installed. Here is a
sniplett from there website:

"Powerful PCs Without Windows

These PCs are perfect if you've already purchased a full version of Windows
that has not been previously installed or if you have an alternative
operating system, such as Linux."

JL indicated that WM was selling a Microtel 1Ghz, 40G HD, 128MB machine with
speakers and keyboard for $398. NO Monitor or OS but when I checked their
website I found quite a selection of "Windowsless" boxes for sale. All the
way up to 2Ghz Pentium 4 DDR machines!

Here's the direct link to the page on their website: (it should work)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?path=0%3A3944%3A3951%3A41937&dept=3944&cat=41937

Oh....and while your there check out the link to the Linux books section near
the bottom of the page. They have quite a selection of Linux books ( pretty
fair prices too! ) 208 in all.

Looks like Wal*Mart might be a good place to pick up a PC to load Linux on! :)

--
R.G. Mayhue
r.g.mayhue@verizon.net