Re: [SLUG] Explorer Only? (was: Final notice about Bradenton gathering tonight)

From: Norbert Cartagena (gnorb@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 23:44:09 EDT

Russell Hires wrote:

> Sad sad sad...but, hey, I can just fake it with Konqueror! I can tell it to
> tell the website that it's Internet Explorer. They'll never know what hit 'em!
>
> Russell
>

>>and will be carried high and proud into the
>>future like a beacon in the sea of Microsof darkness that is Manatee
>>County. (Not kidding. Linux is not welcome here. Check this site out in
>>a Linux browser if you don't believe me:
>>http://www.manateeedc.com/sorry.asp)

Hmm... I wonder if there'd be any way that you could force them into
buying something like Crossover Office for all their non-Windows/IE
using constituency? :-) Afterall, the web page is a public service, paid
for with tax money, and as such, it needs to be accesible to all. As it
stands, could this be counted as a violation of anti-discrimination
laws? Currently, this (the CrossOver option) is the cheapest way to
enable users to see their page, short of shelling $100 for Windows and
another $80 for a hard drive (hey, why not? The wouldn't be able to tell
you you're wrong...). Of course, then there's the price of MS Office...
At least there should be a "you don't have to pay the MicroSoft tax"
rebate for AlternativeOS users...

I'm tired and probably rambling. It's times like these that make me want
to waste some bandwidth :-)

Gnorb