Re: [SLUG] Modem Pooling

From: Daniel MacLaren (maclaren@helios.acomp.usf.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 15:27:10 EDT

Just a quick note to thank everyone for their help/suggestions regarding
my modem pooling problem. A special thanks to Ian for overcoming his
disdain for modems and giving me a push in the right direction.

I experimented with msredird, but found it buggy. So I switched to sredird
and worked around its single modem limitation by setting up a service for
each modem in xinetd. I found a copy of Cisco's Dialout Utility (which
they no longer support or distribute) with the help of Google.

My tests on Windows 98 and NT have been favorable. There are a few
issues, but seeing it didn't cost us anything other than my time (which
was mostly spent waiting for Windows to reboot) I can't complain - except
about Windows itself, but I always do.

-Daniel