Re: [SLUG] Hosting Companies

From: Greg Schmidt (slugmail@gschmidt.net)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 19:42:37 EDT

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Paul M Foster wrote:
My brother-in-law has been pretty happy with readyhosting.com. Says he
had a problem when they moved, but otherwise has been smooth. He says it
is $100/year first site and $50/year for any additional. Not sure if you
want to get into a position of reselling this stuff or even if their
agreement would permit that. He cautions against letting them handle the
domain registration. He also says it's a Win2K platform, but since he is
an MS developer kinda guy he doesn't have any problems with that. He's
aware of the issues and happy to let someone else try to stay on top of
the IIS patches.

As for myself, I like to keep my server within kicking range. :)