[SLUG] Motorola Timeport V.270c & Bluetooth?

From: doc (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 16:59:30 EDT

I am getting closer to the time when I have to choose a cell phone for work.

Anyone considered the Motorola Timeport V.270c w/Bluetooth card together
with the Z (Sharp Zaurus 5000D/5500) for mobile/portable Internet
connectivity?

Given the $179 (with plan) cost of the 270, plus $179 for the Bluetooth card
it is terribly pricey.

What about less bleeding-edge solutions? Perhaps a serial or USB connection
to a digital/analog cell phone from the Z?

Any specific experiences and recommendations in the Tampa Bay area?

Thanks! doc