Re: [SLUG] Cheap Linux boxes by the dozen?

From: FLMADDOGNY@aol.com
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 15:46:45 EDT

I have been buying Dell WS400's & GX1's for a very reasonable price from a
recycler. Both of these models have a built in 3Com 59x 10/100 NIC & the
GX1's have built in (4 Mg) video.
The GX1 is usually a PII MMX 350,(Upgradable to a PIII 600) usually with a
4~6G HD & 32~64Mg of memory.
The WS 400 is usually a PII MMX 300 with an additional slot for another
processor. The video is a Matrox 4 Mg PCI card with the same Memory & drive
configurations as the GX1's.
The GX1 has 3 memory slots & the WS400 has 4 but uses EDO memory.
I have run everything except LINUX on several of these PC's & they are great.
 I am just now getting into LINUX though but I expect them to work very well.

If this sounds like what you need, drop me a line.