Re: [SLUG] RedHat 7.3 Don't install on Thinkpad 760xl

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 06:00:05 EDT

Andrew:
Thanks, but it's not failing on the install. The graphical install works
just fine. It's when all is done and you boot Linux and startx (glad I
didn't choose graphical on the start up selection) that the X server
crashes.
I have tried my old XF86Config file. Running XF86Config again. Note the
setup has worked since Redhat 6.2 to include 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 but not 7.3.
I know this because this is my test bed. If it works on the Thinkpad
then I install it on my desktop. But right now the xserver is not
working on the thinkpad, so 7.3 will not get installed on my desktop.

Mike M.