Re: [SLUG] NFS and bandwidth bind nics

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 10:07:59 EDT

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 00:37, Mario Lombardo wrote:
> Jeepers, I never thought I'd somebody bother with a spec for IP over
> 1394. That's neat, but I don't know how much demand there is when
> there's gigabit Ethernet.

If Russel has a bunch of iMacs with firewire ports anyway, why not?
A firewire hub isn't that expensive, and all you need are cables.

As for speed, it may not be gig-ether, but if the interfaces are already
in the machines, it's already cheaper.

> I think I'll work on a spec for IP over concrete; that way, people
> can get their email through their tennis shoes. How about IP over
> plywood?...plywood is good.

My favorite is still IP over tin-can-and-string.

Here are some others:

        http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg15645.html

CTBCPP is always funny.

- Ian