Re: [SLUG] Home Business Idea

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 15:02:05 EDT

> I'm thinking that, if I got a Linux-based laptop with a built in
> scanner

> Never have seen a built in scanner in a latop much less legal size

   I have a friend that owns a laptop, he has a Cannon battery powered
inkjet scanner the size of a carton of cigarettes (what ever that is)
that he has a $100 attachment for it that replaces the inkjet cartridge,
that makes it into a scanner, but the document has to be pulled
through, it is not a flat bed device, it does a great job.

BTW it uses a printer cable OR an IR. link to the laptop.
He runs winblows with it.

       73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
    100% LINUX, 100% of the time. SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm