Re: [SLUG] can I use Linux to compile for windows?

From: Ben Ostrowsky (ostrowb@tblc.org)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 09:30:11 EDT

> My C programming instructor wants all submitted source code accomanied
> by a windows executable file. Can I use GCC to do this somehow.

Try the Cross GCC project (http://distro.conectiva.com/projetos/36).
Their page claims that the gcc-dos package "allows the creation of DOS
executables from a host running the Linux operating system" and gcc-win
"allows the creation of Windows executables from a host running the
Linux operating system".

I haven't tried it myself, so if you get it working, how about a
mini-HOWTO?

Ben