RE: [SLUG] Suspicions confirmed!

From: Craig Zeigler (craig@penguindevelopment.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 11:01:56 EDT

I really think the install should be a quick and painless thing. The GUI
makes this possible and as someone already mentioned, the hardware auto
detect is important.

The primary emphasis should be on what you do after the system is up and
running. No one should spend their days installing and reinstalling an
OS. The OS should be up and running in user 30 minutes, and then you can
do whatever you need to.

I recently did a SuSE 8.0 install, and was very impressed. I have been
using Mandrake for a while now, and thought I'd give SuSE a try. The
install was excellent (IMHO far superior to mandrakes), it game up and
was attractive, fairly simple to use, and is very stable. My hat goes
off to them.