[SLUG] Sustainable Computing Consortium coincidence

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 11:43:17 EDT

The SCC launched by Carnegie Mellon University last week requires a $25,000
annual dues for membership, which is affordable only by the more affluent
corporations and institutions. It seems a Howard Schmidt is representing the
White House as vice chairman of President Bush's Critical Infrastructure
Protection Board. I wonder if this is the same Howard Schmidt who is or was
director of security at microsoft? If so, I wonder what the implications are.
Smitty