Re: [SLUG] xwin32

From: Greg Schmidt (slugmail@gschmidt.net)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 13:16:35 EDT

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Carson Wilcox wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience running Willows twin
> xwin32? It'a an app for running windows apps under
> unix. Similar to Wine I believe.
>
> Thanks,
> Carson

> LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
> http://launch.yahoo.com

oops. I had second thoughts about this and went back and googled "willows
twin". Seems you meant http://www.willows.com/, which DOES try to
implement the Windows API in *nix on Intel and other platforms. Since I
didn't know what you meant, I guess you can assume I don't have any experience
with it. :)

Maybe someone else here can help, but from a brief look at the docs it
seems to be a bit toward the bleeding edge. These folks are ambitous.