Re: [SLUG] gui p2p program

From: Joe (mce@dalismustache.com)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 23:28:40 EDT

WinMX runs great under wine!
Just do what this page says.
http://franksworld.net/wine/pages/apps075.html
It seems to be one of the best P2P's out there since napster
went the way of the dodo.
One word of warning...if you have a windows partition on the machine
and wine has access to it...
*********DO NOT CLICK ON THE "OPEN INCOMING FILES" BUTTON*********
on the file transfer menu.
************IT WILL CORRUPT YOUR WINDOWS FILES SYSTEM.**************
If for some reason you do the warned against above and it hoses your windoze
filesystem you can fix it from linux with the decorrupt_explorer from here:
http://wine.codeweavers.com/fom-meta/cache/520.html
Running windows explorer under wine will also likely cause windoze FS
corruption so DON'T DO THAT EITHER.
Sorry no debug script for this one.... ;)

-Joe