[SLUG] School Project

From: David Meyer (david@crbtechnologies.com)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 04:19:36 EDT

Good Morning,

For those who were not able to attend the meeting at my house two weeks ago
for the School Project, we're well into it right now, and it's time for
things to start happening.

Here is an update:

1. 13 of the 30 systems have been ordered. Assembly will begin within a
week.
2. Once those 13 are done they will order the remaining 18, assembly to begin
shortly after.
3. After all 30 systems are in place the two servers and networking hardware
will be ordered.

Anyone interested in working on this is welcome. we've got five people so far
who have shown an interest, but more are welcome. We could really use a
firewall guru (IP tables especially) to work with us. They want to regulate
what the kids can and can't get to on the net.

Please shoot me an email (even those of you who attended the meeting) to let
me know if you'd like to work on this. That way I can plan accordingly with
respect to the timeline, and the post-install get together.

Thanks very much for everyone's help. The school is very excited about this.

Sincerely,

Dave
David R. Meyer
President
CRB Technologies, Inc.
813.651.4933 (ph)
813.389.4529 (mobile)
david@crbtechnologies.com
Custom Data Solutions Powered by SuSE Linux
http://www.crbtechnologies.com