RE: [SLUG] Concerning Sarasota meeting avail

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 08:06:26 EDT

The previous Sarasota location was available the last time I talked with the
people at Certification Inc on Wood Street. I mentioned that on the list
but no one picked up on it, seems everyone was just to busy looking for a
hidden reason for the offer or they had their own agenda. That particular
location was the closest available for both Bradenton, Sarasota and Venice,
and at the time it seemed to work well even though I was able to attend only
one meeeting.

I have been told that in the not to distant future, I will be taken 'off'
the road and at that time I can again offer my services to host a meeting on
a regular basis.

If someone want's to offer to be one of perhaps three or four 'hosts' I
would again offer my services as one of the hosts. More than one host will
allow for the preparation of a program each month without stessing any one
person. Frankly, I am only interested on focusing on the workstation aspect
of Linux. Others can do the Server and networking issues.

Michael C. Rock