[SLUG] RE: New Sarasota meeting?

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 10:29:58 EDT

Nothing runs itself except a glorified party disguised as a Linux meeting.
It takes planning and work and if the leaders are not willing to prepare a
presentation, then by all means, step to left please and let others by.

Don't mean to be hard on you or anyone else but that is a fact.

I can host a meeting here at Baker Electronics across from the Airport on
some Tuesday in the future from 7:00 - 9:00. I need to know if people are
interested. We have a nice fat pipe to the Internet, and I can setup my
wireless gateway if need be. Things I'm not sure of:

1) Is Baker at a decent location for everyone?
Not me, I live in Venice. I really prefer somewhere in South Sarasota, but
would got to Wood street if it was the chosen site.
2) Are Tuesday's still good?
The 4th tuesday of each month was chosen so as not to conflict with any
other meetings in the bay area, and I think it is still a good day for that
reason.
3) What sort of turnout to expect?
As far as a turnout is concerned, you can expect to start with 6-10 people
and grow from there to whatever,, the better the program the bigger the
turnout.
4) Are there more people out there that want to do a presentation?
I would help on a limited basis until I am 'taken off the road'.

I used to run my own LUG and hopefully I could get some more assistance
then what I got at the last location.

  I don't want to come in and 'take over'. Actually, I was
hoping that the meetings would kinda run themselves.

You can take over any time you want or feel that you can present or manage
an informative meeting and not just a meeting that is without format(my
personal choice). I prefer to learn as opposed to just mingle with other
like minds.

I went to only one Sarasota meeting but I can't remember where it was?
Some sign shop?

That is where I work. The company was acquired by another company and I was
sent 'on the road' for a while. We outgrew the space I had available and
that is when Certification Inc became available.

Michael C. Rock