Re: [SLUG] School Project -

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 22:26:31 EDT

How about this twist?

The School is paying for the copys of Red Hat and are having you install in
on the Pc's which they are purchasing!

Now then if this can not be done the it would also mean it would be illegal
for Best Buys and Comp Usa to charge you a
$50.00 install fee on a copy of Red Hat you purchase on a Machine you
Purchased in their Store.......
Since this is something that they are indeed paying for! Not to mention
these stores do offer this! As well as some computer shops!

Now I do not know how they can stop that secenario.

It is not illegal for the stores to do this. Nor is it illegal if you have a
shop and the customer pays you to Build them a Machine and Install the
software for which they purchase. Then if they have any technical issues you
can still use Red Hats support!

Even though the decision has been made to go with S.u.S.E. again Great
Distro.

As stated this is not who is the best distro war, this is not a name calling
war, this is a question on how to solve the problem and meet the need at
hand to build and maintain Pc's for a School that is non-profit and the fact
they are getting away from MIcrosoft.

This should be a thing of happiness for all of us Linux and Open Source
advocates. Again not to question or pass judgement!

Now that's put all friction aside and help these Kids for anyone who is
working on this to help them out.
This is a group project to help everyone feel good for helping out and
answer the call of our talents and we have plenty in this LUG on all levels
and ones who just want to help. No one should be condemed.

I personaly wish I possessed some of the talent that many of you have.

Sorry if that sounded like way to much babble. On the final note Happy
Fathers Day to anyone who is a parent in the group!