Re: Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 8.2 login

From: awyatt@fewt.com
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 12:41:01 EDT

Yes, gdm offers it, run "gdmconfig" and it's the last tab.

Date: 21 Jun 2002 11:54:55 -0400
From: Ben Ostrowsky <ostrowb@tblc.org>
To: SLUG <slug@nks.net>
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 8.2 login

> When I installed Mandrake 8.2 I opted for automatic
> login on boot up.
> Can anyone tell me how to change this to require login
> on boot?

If it's KDM, check out http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue72/chung.html,
which says that /etc/kde2/kdmrc has settings called AutoLoginUser and
AutoLoginEnable. I'd set the first to 'nobody' and the second to
'false'.

Dunno if GDM would do this, but if you use GDM, speak up and let's see
what we can find.

My Google search was "automatic login" setting mandrake. I saw
references to KDM in some of the hits and refined it to "automatic
login" setting kdm, which yielded the URL above.

Ben
(when ya really wanna know, ask a librarian... heh.)