[SLUG] question

From: diego henao (dhenao@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 22:25:00 EDT

Here is the deal. Like I told you I have a RH 7.3 as a server, also I
have another machine with windows XP. I have set up nat. It is working
properly. I want to set up a dynamic host in my computer because I don't
have static ip, therefore, I have www.dtdns.com <http://www.dtdns.com/>
as a provider for a dynamic host. They have an updater client for
keeping updating the information when your ip changes. It is working
properly too.

I have problems with the computers outside from my network. Inside, the
machine answers the pings and also the services that I have set up are
working properly (either with the ip or the dynamic host name), but when
I tried to access my server from another computer ( for example my
friend's computer); the machine doesn't answer any pings or requests for
using any service. I think the problem could be the iptables, as a
matter of fact, It could be my firewall rules. I am attaching the rules
I have set up in my server. I am not an expert in iptables, therefore, I
really appreciate any help. If you can improve my iptables to get more
security I really appreciate that.

Diego

If someone wants to check out the server, the address is
www.cabezas.darktech.org.
RULES

[root@CaBe root]# iptables --list
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT all -- 192.168.0.0/24 anywhere
drop-and-log-it all -- 192.168.0.0/24 anywhere
ACCEPT all -- anywhere
6535138hfc140.tampabay.rr.comstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED
drop-and-log-it all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
drop-and-log-it all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT all -- 6535138hfc140.tampabay.rr.com 192.168.0.0/24
ACCEPT all -- 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.0/24
drop-and-log-it all -- anywhere 192.168.0.0/24
ACCEPT all -- 6535138hfc140.tampabay.rr.com anywhere
drop-and-log-it all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain drop-and-log-it (5 references)
target prot opt source destination
LOG all -- anywhere anywhere LOG level
info