Re: [SLUG] Samba

From: Matthew Moen (mattlists@younicks.org)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 19:55:01 EDT

I've heard SuSE comes with rpm's for everything under the sun. What's
wrong with them? I'd be completely shocked if Samba was missing.

Should you really feel the need to apply some sort of cutting edge patches,
or whatever else you're doing here, what are wrong with the SRPM's?
They include patches to make the source work with your local
distribution. You might be able to extract the source from one of those,
apply your patch and then generate new SRPM's and RPM's. I haven't done
this in a few years, (try Debian ;-) but last time I did, I found the
docs in the LDP useful. Man pages are good as well.

Thus spake David Meyer on the 04 day of the 07 month in the year 2002:

--
Matthew Moen

Outlook is as attractive to email viruses as a heap of dead and rotting cows is to a fly. So long as that maggot-filled pile of corpses is there, swatting at the flies isn't going to work. Alan Bellingham, SDM