Re: [SLUG] Samba

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 01:54:12 EDT

Look at your config.log file in that directory - if you look at the very
end, you should see compiler error. It's probably a missing library.

If you've never used GNU autoconf before, I recommend trying something a
bit easier first (although Samba is nowhere near as complicated as some
of the other tools out there).

Try finding a package first if you can. Look on rpmfind.net and search
for a bit. Newer packages ARE out there. I'm not sure about SuSE's
"unstable" tree, but RedHat usually has the latest src.rpm files in its
RawHide tree - most of which work seemlessly with SuSE.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com>