Re: [SLUG] Compaq Prosignia 486

From: bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 01:22:30 EDT

As far of my knowledge of 486's goes there was never a 200mhz 486 ever made.
Intel went to a 120mhz 486, Amd went to a 133 586 which was a hybrid pentium
and 486 how ever it fit in a 486 socket , and Cyrix made a 133 mhz and 120,
and IBM Blue Lightning 133 mhz.

I have over clocked a Amd 5x86 133 to 166mhz but that was on one of the
fastest Chips and Technologies Mb, and once on a Shuttle Mother Board but it
ran extremly hot on that board. Would freeze up.

Now I am not sure how it could be a 486 200mhz ??
sx 25mhz, sx 33, sx2 50 sx2 66 In Dx 25, dx2 50, dx2 66, dx3 75 dx4 100 dx 4
120 Difference was that sx did not have a math co processor. and the DX did.
I also believe there was a 40mhz as well for the Intel but I could be wrong.

Cyrix had a 486 slc and dlc series as well as sx and dx slc's and dlc's were
based on a 386 pin out and even would work on some high end 386 boards.

Any way I am not saying that you are lying by any means but you really need to
check and look at the number of which model it is.

According to 2 hours of checking through hp,compaq website and google Compaq
only had a p1 200 a p1 200 mmx, and a pentium pro 200.

Check again when u get the number off the case then look up and see what it
tells you..