Re: [SLUG] Red Flag Linux

From: robin (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 17:48:38 EDT

>I was wondering if anyone has downloaded Red Flag Linux? If so, how do you
>like it? If not, I'm thinking about trying it out as it has gotten some
>fairly decent press over the past month or so.

We had a guy review the English version for NewsForge a while back. He
didn't find it spectacular. There's a new Vietnamese-owned Chinese
takeout near our Maryland house that uses Red Flag and some sort of
custom restaurant management software package -- all in Chinese.
Consensus seems to be about what Bill Preece says - installs and acts
pretty much like Red Hat. Not worth the trouble for English speakers,
who might as well stick with Red Hat, Mandrake, Debian SuSE, whatever.

- Robin