Re: [SLUG] Revolution OS

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 16:30:54 EDT

No ethical copyright owner should have a problem with someone making a copy
of such a work for their personal use. After all, the Fair Use doctrine is
there to forward the purpose behind such temporary protection in the
Constitution, which is to ensure progress in the arts and sciences.
Fair use does not permit distribution of a protected work for non-commercial
uses. There still is the factor of distribution of the work which results in
benefit to those it is distributed to.
Moore was definitely conveying misinformation in his statement about copying.
It is unfortunate that those connected with the entertainment cartel desire a
perpetual monopoly rather than progress in their industry. It is as if they
fear they will run out of material.
Smitty