[SLUG] wine help

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 11:54:36 EDT

I'm trying to run wine using the fake_windows. But it seems like
everything I try to install complains about not being able to create a
directory during install. I've checked the permissions for the
/home/wine/fake_windows and I as a user have rwx for the dir as well as
being the group and owner. Does anyone have this kind of setup running?
I hope I don't need a true windows partition to get this to work as my
machine now is Linux only and it would mean a major backup, re-partition
and install to have a windows partition. Or at least one that is
bootable. Maybe I can just create a dos type partition with fdisk and
install windows using wine from Linux. Don't know if that will work or
not. Anyway and ideas, hints tips would be appricated.

Mike M.